[Thunar-dev] Thunar performance patches

André Gillibert metaentropy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 17:02:36 CET 2012

2012/2/25, Benjamin Cahill <ben at benjamincahill.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I noticed your
> posts<http://www.mail-archive.com/thunar-dev@xfce.org/msg04086.html>on
> the thunar-dev mailing list while researching the slowness of Thunar's
> treeview.
>
> Did you send in these patches or do anything with them? I'd really like to
> get Thunar faster.
>
> Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
>  - Benj

No, I've not yet posted the patches as I've been busy studying the
last few months (medecine studies).

As I'm still studying, in order to let the community access the code,
I've just uploaded on my web site what I've got so far.
Address:
<http://gillibert.fr/open-software/>

The major changes are in Thunar and GLIB.
IIRC, I fixed a small bug in GVFS that made nautilus (or thunar) crash
on incomplete http URI (e.g. "http:").
IIRC, I also fixed a sort order bug in Thunar (related to handling
numeric values containing a zero digit such as hello508 vs hello59).

--
André Gillibert