[Thunar-dev] Removal of the location button

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Nov 7 14:09:39 CET 2011

Am 07.11.2011 13:11, schrieb Harald Judt:

> What's more, sometimes reloading does not even work. I experienced this
> using network shares (CIFS mounts). Only closing and opening thunar
> helps here, looks like thunar caches the file size somehow, and the
> cache is not invalidated when reloading. Unfortunately, I couldn't find
> out how to reproduce this.

After thinking about this once more, could this be a gvfs bug and not a
bug in thunar? But then, gvfs is not used for CIFS mounts, right? I
don't know enough about how thunar handles caching files and folders to
draw conclusions here.

I also noticed that thumbnails are not regenerated immediately when a
custom script changes a file, e.g. rotates the image. Instead, a generic
JPEG icon is shown until one scrolls up or down so that the icon
disappears and reappears, or goes back and forward in history.

Has anyone experienced similar behaviour?

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'