[Thunar-dev] "Ejecting" USB flash drives

Bobby Bingham uhmmmm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:36:51 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:57:23 +0100
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:55:29 +0100
> Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 17:45 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > > Please show me a valid use case where
> > > this is important and I might rethink my perspective. I can only
> > > think of "oops, I forgot to copy this file to the USB stick, now I
> > > need to mount it again" so far.
> >
> > When you have multiple partitions or drives on the device. And no,
> > these are not only for geeks, think smartphones with internal memory
> > + sdcard or card readers with multiple slots.
> >
> > If “eject” remove all of them at once, it's a bit painful.
>
> But why do you need to unmount at all then? Just eject once you now
> longer intend to have the device connected to your machine.

I haven't been following this thread carefully, and I may be
misunderstanding how this works, but how about the case of a card
reader with multiple slots? What if I want to unmount the SD card so I
can use a different SD card, but I still want to use the CF card I have
inserted in another slot?

If "eject" unmounts all the cards on the device, then you can't do this?

--
Bobby Bingham
このメールは再利用されたバイトでできている。