[Thunar-dev] "Ejecting" USB flash drives

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Feb 23 18:11:45 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:05:55 +0100
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 17:57 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > But why do you need to unmount at all then? Just eject once you now
> > longer intend to have the device connected to your machine.
>
> Because I don't want to keep stuff mounted when I don't need it.

So you're umounting simply because you *can*? So by removing that
option we actually save you a lot of time because you no longer have a
way to pursue your weird habbit of unmounting things all the time.
Isn't that a good thing? :P

I don't know how a device still mounted could be considered bad (or
distracting) other than for reasons of power management (but there eject
helps).

  - Jannis