[Thunar-dev] Opened Thunar window makes mount.ntfs-3g consume too much CPU time.

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Wed Jan 27 10:16:01 CET 2010

  Hello!

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 02:48:45 +0100
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 21:02:40 +0200, v_2e at ukr.net wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:01:15 +0100
> > Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Stop hijacking threads on the ml, but report bugs or start a new thread.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nick
> >
> >   Ok. If the thing I wrote about is a different problem - here is a
> > separate thread. :)
>
> Hint: A reply to another mail doesn't start a new thread just because
> you change the subject. You mail is still marked as being the answer to
> another mail (look into the References: and In-Reply-To: headers of
> your mail). Only writing a _new_ mail (an not replying to another mail)
> starts a new thread.
>
> Regards,
> Tino
  I'm terribly sorry. :) I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

  So here is a description of my problem in a proper thread:
I've noticed the following strange (at least to me) thing:
  When a Thunar window is opened, I can see that 'mount.ntfs-3g' process
consumes about 10% of my CPU time. (I have a NTFS partition on my hard
drive). When I close all Thunar windows, this process consumes almost
nothing.
  I'm not sure this is an adequate behaviour, since 'mount.ntfs-3g'
process consumes about 10% of CPU time (like I've mentioned above) ALL
THE TIME Thunar window is opened. It even doesn't matter whether Thunar
shows a folder on my NTFS volume or on some other volume (non-NTFS).
That is why it isn't clear for me.

  Thanks for responding,
  Vladimir.

-----