[Thunar-dev] Shared progress dialog in Thunar

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Sep 14 19:58:38 CEST 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:44:08 +0400
Grigory Tuboltsev <gtubolcev at newmail.ru> wrote:

> Xfce is often used on notebooks so saving some screen space could be
> a good idea:  (http://i32.tinypic.com/30d9xs9.png)

Saving space is good, yes.

> I am sure i could make it even more compact and improve general
> usability, should i post other mocups ?
>
> Unfortunately I speak no C or C++ so I can only share some usability
> thoughts.

The mockup you posted above is not really usable. A bit more spacing
and text helps users in finding a certain operation again later. I've
(more or less) decided to implement this mockup now:

http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-09142009-030342pm.php

It requires less vertical space and we can probably display 5 jobs
without scrollbars on a netbook screen. I'd say that's pretty good.