[Thunar-dev] what about two plugins?

Yuzem yuzem3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 23:27:21 CET 2009

I have and idea about tabs and bookmarks. Something like tabs + bookmarks =
smart bookmarks.
It is about implementing some of the tabs functionality but without tabs,
right there in the bookmarks sidebar.
It is very simple, the concept is that bookmarks should remember the last
location.
For example, lets say I have this bookmarks:
Desktop
Documents
Pictures
Music
Etc...

I click on Music and navigate to Jazz/Some_Artist
Then I change to Desktop and an asterisk is added to the Music bookmark to
indicate that I am exploring that bookmark.
If I click an the Music bookmark it get me directly to
Music/Jazz/Some_Artist
If I wanted to go to Music I only have to click twice and the bookmark
should be restored.
Then for example if I wanted to move some songs from the desktop to
Some_Artist I just drag them to Music and a tool tip could indicate the
destination folder. In that way it would be possible to move files without
opening a new window.
That could add a lot of functionality without harming the gui. Every
bookmark becomes a tab but without stop being a bookmark.