[Thunar-dev] Thunar update

Kurt J. Bosch kjb-temp-2006 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 21 01:07:41 CEST 2009

Very very nice ! Thank you for all the work !
... and here comes a PKGBUILD for the ArchLinux guys:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27451 :)

So far I noticed some (more or less) minor problems:
- When viewing smb://boxname I can not drag one of the shares to the
tree side pane. It says 'does not refer to a directory'
- When viewing smb://boxname/someshare I can not navigate up. The button
is grayed out.
- The Tango folder icons are not used for the local filesystem but for
ftp and smb they are.
- Umlauts within file names on FTP (fritz.box) are wrong or invalid
because ISO-8859-1 is used there but GVFS seems to use UTF-8. (Verified
this with Firefox and curl/iconv and via cifs. - Firefox -> Page Info
reports charset windows-1252.)
- When doing Create Document -> Empty File on FTP a refresh is needed to
show the file created.