[Thunar-dev] Fwd: thunar-actions-plugin

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Tue Jun 9 13:40:16 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm the maintainer of nautilus-actions [2], the equivalent for Nautilus of the thunar-actions-plugin.

I've readen in your wiki page [1] your project for a new version of the plugin, using .desktop files and mimetypes.

I've considered this, but stayed stone because nautilus-actions makes use of other parameters, not actually in .dekstop specs (e.g. apply to files only, to dir only, to both). Don't you have such parameters ? Do you plan to upgrade the freedesktop.org specs ?

Also, I think it could be a great improvement for users (and packagers) if they can use in thunar/nautilus actions defined for thunar-actions-plugin as well as for nautilus-actions. Do you have any opinion about this ?

Regards
Pierre

[1] http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/projects/thunar-actions-plugin
[2] http://www.nautilus-actions.org