[Thunar-dev] Two questions about shortcut panel

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 08:52:09 CET 2009

Hi,

Le Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:38:53 +0100,
Dag Wastberg <dwastberg at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have a couple of questions about the thunar shortcuts panel.  I'm
> asking because I'm interested in starting to help develop thunar and
> xfce and I'm looking for a place to start.

RTSL, I think this is where everyone starts.

> First of all, the right click menu.  Why are there so few options
> there.  The two I miss most often are "Paste into folder" and "Open
> terminal here".

When you copy or cut files, and then you right click on a directory,
you will see "Paste in directory".  Also, Thunar provides a plugin by
default that is Custom Actions with a default action as example that
is "Open Terminal Here".  Sounds like you have it miss-installed...

For information about the custom actions checkout the documentation at
http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/

> The second is why can't you add files to the shortcut panel.

No clue.

> As I said I'd be happy to try to look into both of these problems
> myself, but before I do I was wondering if there was a reason why
> things are like they are.  Also any pointers to where to start would
> be helpful.  I've coded quite a bit of C and done a fair amount of GUI
> coding, but never in gtk.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dag

Cheers