[Thunar-dev] First Time

John Van Enk vanenkj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 06:00:18 CET 2008

All,

I'm sure I'm doing this wrong, but I was unable to find an etiquette guide
anywhere. Please don't hesitate to correct me.

I am interested in helping with Thunar development and pulled the SVN repo
down tonight. Honestly, I'm pretty new to this stuff, so I'm probably
building this wrong as well. I was unable to build after the following
steps:

./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-debug
make

I end up with this error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/switch/svn/xfce/thunar/trunk/thunarx'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `thunarx-config.c', needed by
`libthunarx_1_la-thunarx-config.lo'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/switch/svn/xfce/thunar/trunk/thunarx'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/switch/svn/xfce/thunar/trunk/thunarx'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/switch/svn/xfce/thunar/trunk'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I noticed that this file and the matching .h file used to be generated by
the Makefile in trunk/thunarx around line 954, but it seems to have been
commented out.

Is this something known, or something that was overlooked b/c the file
existed on most developers' systems and would only show up on a fresh SVN
check out?

Again, feel free to correct me, I'd love to help.

--
/jve