[Thunar-dev] initial question...

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 14:43:35 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 05:19:53PM -0800, lauren wrote:
Hi lauren,

> and forgive me if this is a silly thing...
>
> i want to make a patch / plugin / whatever that shows a more advanced
> tooltip to show item previews if enabled similar to konqueror in kde ...
> is this already there somewhere? or is there a reason why this won't be
> possible?

I think, the main reason is because it isn't doable with GtkTooltips
from GTK+<2.12.  2.12 has a new tooltips api that lets you add your
widgets inside a tooltip (GtkImage for example).  OOTH Xfce 4.4 depends
on GTK+2.6, and Xfce 4.6 will depend on GTK+2.10.  This is not a
stopper, but will need #ifdefs in the code to check for the right GTK+
version.

I also think, that there is no plugable way, the tooltip is IMHO
hard-coded, but grep and read the right files to find out.

> thanks and i'm looking forward to doing some coding
>
> lauren
> :)

My 2 cents,
mike