[Thunar-dev] Problem with thumbnails

Andrea Bressan nemoris at libero.it
Fri Feb 15 18:16:09 CET 2008

Hi

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm knew to this list and
just tried searching with google.
When I select a big image file in thunar (like a 100-300MB tiff) the
computer hangs. Looking at top output I see thunar-vfs-pixb... using
more than available memory (let say 100MB).
How can I fix this? Is it possible to set a size limit or to
blacklist those files?
I thought about inserting an if just after the call to fstat in
exo_gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file_at_max_size
in file exo-gtk-pixbuf-extensions.c.
Maybe a better solution is to add a parameter specifying the max file
size to the function.
For now I put big files in a separate directory and open them using
the command line.
Thanks
                 Andrea