[Thunar-dev] Thunars way of sorting files by name with numbers as filenames

Michael Klein ihmehls at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 18:56:07 CET 2008

OK, imagine a directory with hundrets or thousands of files with random
numbers as filenames and let's say they are all images. Let's say the first
one with the thunar-sorting is 31.jpg. But if i open it with a
picture-viewer app with the "normal" sortingit's not the first one, but
somewhere in the middle, because there are others like 101.jpg or even
2203.jpg before 31.jpg. So the problem is not the sorting itself, it's more
the difference between the two kinds of sorting.

I think it should be at least configurable, because nearly all other
file-managers (e.g. konqueror and nautilus) (and image-viewers like
qwenview, gqview, ... :) ) sort files the "non-thunar-way".