[Thunar-dev] eject usb-harddrive

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Tue Apr 29 22:28:49 CEST 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:21:25 +0200
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de> wrote:

> Btw., I attached an example fdi file for my card reader, to add the
> requires_eject property. Maybe HAL does the right thing if you adopt it
> to your hard disk and copy it to /etc/hal/fdi/policy (check with lshal
> if it is really set) and then use exo-eject.

Quite a pity. I modified your fdi-file and now the hdd shows up as requires_eject = true,
but when I try to use exo-eject on it, it still gives me the error. I still attached it,
just in case.

Actually this time I could see a notification (of notify-send obviously) popping up for a
split-second saying that there is data that has to be written on the device... (whatever
that means in this context) In the end there was the generic error message again.

greetings,
simon