[Thunar-dev] eject usb-harddrive

Simon Steinbeiß simon.steinbeiss at elfenbeinturm.at
Tue Apr 29 20:22:18 CEST 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:08:59 -0700
"Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Your device has storage.requires_eject=false -- so exo-eject won't do
> anything but unmount all volumes.
>
> Give 'eject -v /dev/whatever' a try *as root*.  Often the SCSI eject
> command will work on drives like that.  See if it fixes your problem.
> If it does, you might try adding a HAL .fdi file to your system that
> will set requires_eject properly for your drive.
>
> 	-brian

Tried "sudo eject -v /dev/wdpassport" with the output that the eject succeeded. (see the
full output here: http://pastebin.org/32834)
Anyhow, when I unplugged the usb-cable (that is also powering the hdd) it made this awful
sound described in the bugreport mentioned earlier.
So it seems "eject" simply doesn't spin down the harddrive. Should it?

greetings,
simon