[Thunar-dev] eject usb-harddrive

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de
Tue Apr 29 15:54:58 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 15:33:11 +0200, Simon Steinbeiß wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to implement the workaround that Kirill Belokurov wrote for KDE for this bug
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/117713) for thunar. Since this bug applies to
> only a very limited range of harddrives (I guess it's only the WD Passport series) no one
> has really cared for a bugfix (yet).

What an ugly workaround (my impression is that the Ubuntu folks are
great at implementing ugly workarounds instead of fixing the real
issue).

AFAIK Thunar uses exo, and exo uses DBus to instruct HAL to stop the
device, so I'd rather try to fix HAL instead of thunar.

My girlfried owns a WD Passort drive (2,5" external 160 GB hard disk),
so I'll try to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Tino