[Thunar-dev] eject usb-harddrive

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de
Tue Apr 29 15:58:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 15:33:11 +0200, Simon Steinbeiß wrote:

[...]

> Anyways, I think that it could be sufficient as a workaround to:
> - either have a customised action in thunar only be applied to this specific drive and
> spinning it down
> - or trying to hack whatever function is used by thunar to "eject" media like
> usb-harddrives so that it would not just unmount but also spindown the drive.

Forgot to ask one thing: do you have an "eject" button for your drive,
or only "unmount"? The Xfce 4.4.2 release was somewhat buggy regarding
the detection of removable media and providing the eject funktion in
the GUI. If you only see "unmount" in the context menu of the drive,
you could try exo-eject in the command line to see if that works for
you.

Regards,
Tino