[Thunar-dev] Exif Metadata Columns

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:37:34 CEST 2007

2007/6/25, Shawn Zier <shawnzier at imapmail.org>:
> Yes. I knew about the right-click --> properties method. I want to be able to see the metadata in a list view for sorting reasons. I'm pretty sure you are right and there is no way, currently, to do this. I could probably use a good stand-alone photo manager, but it would be really nice if I could see this info directly in the file manager. Could I request this feature somewhere? If not, I would like to work on implementing it myself.

Currently you can only extend the properties-, preferences-dialog,
renamer and the menus. The API for plugins will probably be extended
towards v1.0 and/or 2.0, but Benedikt can answer that question better
then I do.

I don't think it's preferred to implement this in the Thunar(-vfs)
code, but wait until it's possible to extend this using the thunarx
api and integrate this in the thunar-apr plugin (or a separate one to
improve image handing).

You can always add a feature request in the Xfce bugzilla (bugzilla.xfce.org).

Nick