[Thunar-dev] Exif Metadata Columns

Shawn Zier shawnzier at imapmail.org
Sun Jun 24 00:44:07 CEST 2007

All,

I am new to xfce and thunar. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I could not find a forum on the xfce or xubuntu website that addresses the issue.

I am looking for a way to manage my photos through the file manager. What I'm looking for is the ability to add EXIF metadata columns in the file manager. If you know a way to do this, please let me know. I see that thunar is able to query this metadata through the properties pane, but it does not look like it has the ability to add columns for the EXIF data. How much work would it be to add this feature and would it conflict with thunar's goal of being as lightweight as possible. Right now, I am not looking to edit the metadata in thunar, just to display and sort by it.

I am willing to help work on it. I'm not much of a programmer, but I would really like to work on a small project and I thought this might be a good one to start with. Please let me know if I can help and where I should start looking in the code.

By the way, I really like thunar and the speed that comes with it. Congratulations on a great file manager.

Best Regards,

Shawn Zier