[Thunar-dev] Developing a new app for Xfce

Gregory Bonik chaser at progtech.ru
Thu Jan 25 11:42:58 CET 2007

Hello,

I want to write some application (card game, for example) for my
favorite desktop environment, but I haven't found any tutorial/example
or recommendation how to do it (which libraries and functions to use
etc.), there is only raw documentation on libxfcegui4 and friends.

Does Xfce try to be "closed", i.e. to keep a limited number of
applications for it? Or is the appearance of such tutorial just a
question of time? I think that appearance of different apps written
specially for Xfce should bring more popularity and usability to it, so
it's no reason to keep Xfce closed. Especially now, when Xfce becomes a
_real_ desktop environment with own file manager etc.

Excuse me if this mail list is not appropriate place for this question.