[Thunar-dev] thunar-volman 0.1.0

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Jan 16 17:34:04 CET 2007

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello Benedikt.

Hey Matthias,

> Thunar could be started, but it shows my flashdisk as „131M entfernbarer
> Datenträger“ which is not that much better to me than just „sda“.

Well, this means that no better string could be determined. The fallback
to the device file name was replaced with "<size> Removable Volume",
which is consistent with HAL and gnome-vfs. This is IMHO better than sda
as it tells you (a) it's removable and (b) the size.

With information about the device tree I could try to add some more
smartness to exo-hal to figure out an even better name for your flashdisk.

> Oh, and after
> plugging in the device, the following messages appeared:
>
>> libhal-storage.c 1056 : INFO: called LIBHAL_FREE_DBUS_ERROR but dbusError was not set.
>> libhal-storage.c 1056 : INFO: called LIBHAL_FREE_DBUS_ERROR but dbusError was not set.
>> libhal-storage.c 1056 : INFO: called LIBHAL_FREE_DBUS_ERROR but dbusError was not set.

Looks like an old HAL version.