[Thunar-dev] thunar-volman

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Jan 12 18:45:51 CET 2007

Jani Monoses wrote:
>> I don't know what you mean by "GUI for the mount utility". exo-mount
>> uses libnotify to give visual feedback of progress and pops up an error
>> dialog if mount/eject/unmount fails. Besides that, what kind of GUI do
>> you need?
>
> Admittedly I haven't used it but the debian package description says:
> " A nautilus extension allows to easily change the mount options which
> can be user, drive or volume specific."
> And the gnome-mount developer said he'd like to turn that into a
> standalone gtk app and get rid of the nautilus extension.

Ok, gnome-mount installed and nautilus says

 Initializing gnome-mount extension

on startup. Where I can't seem to be able to locate the "Mount options".

It is possible to add a user interface to configure additional mount
options, tho, I didn't plan to do that (atleast not for 4.4, would add
way too many new strings).