[Thunar-dev] Some ideas :)

daitheflu at free.fr daitheflu at free.fr
Wed Feb 7 01:56:36 CET 2007

Selon Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:

> Uh? There's life outside the free software community? Amazing... ;-)

Yes, it can sometimes sound amazing :o)

> The good thing about these shortcuts is that you don't need to read any
> docs at all. The menu item shows the shortcut, very intuitive and
> consistent with other applications.

Yes, that's true. I'm not saying that shortcuts are bad :)

> I don't want to make anyone "use anything else than M$". People are free
> to use whatever they want, even Linux.

That wasn't what I meant :-/

> > I maintain that the hybrid toolbar would be great :p
>
> Maybe you want to cook a widget class for this?

I'll maybe try, but I've got to learn lots of things before :)

> > What about the copy manager ? Any thought on it ?
>
> Doesn't sound like a useful idea. At least I don't see any realistic
> use-case here.

OK.

Selon Mike Massonnet <mike.massonnet at gmail.com>:

> The shortcuts are written beneath the menu items.

Again, I'm not saying shortcuts are bad...

> Sounds like Firefox copying over Internet Explorer, I don't think it is
> the best choice...  Yes, they copied the shortcuts and a lot of habits
> of it.

I'm not saying we have to copy the everything in M$. My opinion is that there
are some good things in others systems that could also be nice for us.
Windows (or maybe mac, I don't really care) had the window system first, and it
was a good thing. And now we also have it. I don't think Linux invented
shortcuts as well. (but I'm maybe wrong :))

> I did understand, you have the UP button for this, or the bookmark pane,
> whatever their stuff should do.

Yes, but clicking 4 or 5 times the up button isn't as easy (I mean, if you
consider ergonomics) as directly clicking the directory you want.
Well, don't answer that the tree view is made for that, I already know it,
thanks.

> You must be kidding?  If you are serious let me know it and I will
> present you my favourite program, it's called /usr/bin/footinyourass.

I think you clearly misunderstood my sentence. I wasn't saying that using Vista
is a chance.
By the way, your joke was, woah, soo funny...

> I will stop there since this post requires people with Vista skills.

Don't read between lines. I'never said that. It's just easier for me to compare
it to this Vista thing. I shouldn't have talked about M$. I feel like you're
totally focused on that :/

Well, thanks again for reading, and keep up the good work.

- Fr.