[Thunar-dev] Some ideas :)

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 19:26:34 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 05:18:55PM +0100, "François K." wrote:
> Hi :)
>

> Mike Massonnet a écrit :
> > On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 12:29:21AM +0100, daitheflu at free.fr wrote:
> >
> >> Now you have either to learn a shortcut, type it and then type the path (the
> >> VERY good thing is the auto-completition thing).
> >> My idea is to have something similar to the Ctrl+L shortcut in the location bar
> >> where words would be clickable :)
> >>

> > You can switch to the location bar in this case.  Shortcuts will still
> > remain the sames, but you will be able to triple click the address bar
> > and type whatever location you had like to go.
> >
> Dude, I know shortcuts, but shortcuts ARE NOT user-friendly. Do you
> really think that someone who is discovering XFCE and Thunar is going to
> read the whole doc and learn every shortcut ? I'm just trying to make it
> as easy as possible :)

The shortcuts are written beneath the menu items.

[...]
> If we want to make people use anything else than M$, we have to make it
> at least as easy to use (I mean, for *everyone*), and not only for
> computer addicts ;)

Sounds like Firefox copying over Internet Explorer, I don't think it is
the best choice...  Yes, they copied the shortcuts and a lot of habits
of it.

> > I'm pretty sure that he's trying to say that a hybrid location
> > selector would be a really cool feature. I fully agree...
>
> You got it ;) That's what I'm trying to say !

I did understand, you have the UP button for this, or the bookmark pane,
whatever their stuff should do.

> As I said, this is not the first thing I'm looking for. But it can also
> be a very good thing. It's very useful, just give it a try if you have
> the opportunity (I won't say chance ;o) ) to use Vista someday.

You must be kidding?  If you are serious let me know it and I will
present you my favourite program, it's called /usr/bin/footinyourass.

> Cheers, and thanks for reading and taking time thinking about those
> small ideas :)
> - Fr.

I will stop there since this post requires people with Vista skills.

Mike
--
 Mike (m8t) Massonnet http://massonnet.org/     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">