[Thunar-dev] Some ideas :)

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 18:37:14 CET 2007

> I don't know if you guys think the same but I believe the Ctrl+l
> shortcut would be much more useful it it behaved much like a cd
> command on the terminal. I mean, the command could open its window
> with an empty text entry, and treat relative paths in it. That way, if
> I wanted to go to "subdir" from here, all I had to type was ^l subdir
> <CR>.
Hmm, I don't really agree.  Some people use Ctrl+L for getting the full
path of the current directory (for pasting into a terminal, for
example).  It would have to be optional behaviour at least I think.

Perhaps just the ability to run a single arbitrary command in the
present working thunar directory?  For example,
I'm browsing the directory "~/images" and I want to get to ~/music so I
press '/' on the keyboard and get a textbox (in which I can type shell
commands), and do
"cd ../music"