[Thunar-dev] Thunar-thumbnailers updated

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sun Feb 4 13:41:25 CET 2007

Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Erlend Davidson wrote:
>
>> I have updated thunar-thumbnailers
>> (http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/thunar-plugins/thunar-thumbnailers) in
>> svn.  I've added grace project file thumbnailing.  It now installs
>> mimetypes for digital camera raw files, and for .agr grace project files.
>>
>> Everything works smoothly here, but could people please test it?  If
>> there are no objections I'll make a release.
>>

> Looks good. Just one minor thingy: How about installing only a single
> mime definition file thunar-thumbnailers.xml unconditionally?
Originally that's what I thought: it would definitely make maintenance
easier in the long run.  But then should I be installing a mimetype for
files when I'm not thumbnailing that type of file?

Also I thought that it might be a good idea to have a
--disable-mime-install to configure, so that distributers can turn mime
type installing off if they don't like it?

Is there a page in the documentation explaining what formats thunar can
thumbnail by default (i.e. without thunar-thumbnailers) and what their
dependencies are?  Users won't realise they need totem for video
thumbnails to work.  It would also help me think of thumbnailers to
implement in thunar-thumbnailers.

There's quite a nice video thumbnailer using mplayer, which I hope to
include:
http://me2030581.googlepages.com/

Erlend