[Thunar-dev] Unmount removable devices systemtray app

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Feb 1 16:50:03 CET 2007

Nick Schermer wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:22:57 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
>
>> Alexandre Moreira wrote:

>> select

> If you use the latest Thunar and Exo, and you right click -> unmount the device.
This means that I have to open a Thunar window (or minimize all
applications) and right click -> unmount the device before unplugging my
device, and if I don't do it that way, I will never get any feedback on
my own failing...

It would be very nice to have an easy accessible systemtray icon for
these actions if there are any removable devices plugged in... (also for
the less experienced Xfce user who doesn't have (and should need) any
knowledge about disk buffers/unmount before unplug/etc)

Does anybody know how this is handled in other envoronments (Windows
resembles my feature request; I don't know about KDE/Gnome/etc)

-H-