[Thunar-dev] Unmount removable devices systemtray app

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:34:35 CET 2007

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:22:57 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:
> Alexandre Moreira wrote:
>> 2007/2/1, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>:
>>
>>>  Dear list,
>>>
>>>  When I copy something to my USB flash disk, I now have to either type
>>> 'sync' in a terminal or right-click a removable device in Thunar and
> select
>>> 'eject'.

If you use the latest Thunar and Exo, and you right click -> unmount the device. It will
sync before unmounting. You can see this when you have exo with libnotify support:
an urgent notification will popup with the message you cannot remove the device because
the data is synced. When this is finished the notification will change with the message you can
remove the device safely.

Nick