[Thunar-dev] samba

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 03:44:22 CEST 2006

On 9/14/06, Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net> wrote:
> Auke Kok wrote:
> > Why do people think that implementing a specific way to do X (in this case,
> > mount a samba share or browse it, which is basically the same) should beling in
> > a filemanager?
>

> Because xffm/xfsamba did it?

That's why people expect it, sure.

And I think the reason people keep asking is because it solves a real
problem in their workflow, and solving it in Thunar feels much more
acheiveable than getting on  the linux kernel mailing list and asking
for a "fix". Or getting on the XDG list and asking for a common dektop
level VFS

> Bob S.

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room