[Thunar-dev] using inotify in thunar?

Björn Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Sun May 21 11:37:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

I heard that gamin isn't developed anymore, since all it does is pretty
much the same as inotify which is used by the kernel (or so ;) I didn't
completely follow that..) and fam would be only required for watching
nfs or such.
So my question is, if thunar is to use inotify too in the future and
drop the "dependency" of fam.

Perhaps there is something I misunderstood about all this, but that's
what some people in #archlinux and the arch forums said, so if that's
wrong, please feel free to explain the real deal ;)

thanks,
Björn