[Thunar-dev] "No to all" option

Brian brian-schott at cox.net
Mon May 15 08:23:13 CEST 2006

When trying to copy a file from a directory to another directory that
already has a file with the same name, Thunar and other file managers
ask if you want to overwrite the file. When doing this with several
files, the options are:

*   Cancel - Don't move/copy the file. Cancel the whole operation.
*   No - Don't move/copy this file.
*   Yes to all - overwrite all files with name conflicts.
*   Yes - overwrite the file with the same name as this one.

What if you are copying 10 files, 5 of which already exist? You have to
click "No" five times. Would it be possible to add a "No to all" button
that does not overwrite confliciting files but still copies files with
no name conflict?

I came across this idea when trying to get things on to my mp3/ogg
player. It's a big pain to say no about 50 times, and it's also very
slow to overwrite files that are already there.

Brian Schott