[Thunar-dev] thunar-tag-renamer-plugin 0.1.0svn-r01206

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Mar 23 14:51:43 CET 2006

Hi all,

I've uploaded a testing tarball of my bulk renamer plugin on the
goodies website on BerliOS.

The plugin allows you to rename your OGG/FLAC/MPEG files according to
their media tags (like ID3v1, ID3v2 and Vorbis tags in OGG as well
as FLAC).

Here are some screenshots:

  - Main window:
      http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=2692

  - Supported naming schemes:
      http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=2693

  - Default artist entry:
      http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=2694

  - Replacing spaces with underscores:
      http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=2695

  - Lowercase conversion:
      http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=2696

Now you're certainly asking yourself how to use it? Just download the
tarball from

  https://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=910

and run the well-known ./configure && make && make install commands.
You'll need at least:

  - Thunarx-1 >= 0.2.3svn-r20518
  - TagLib >= 1.4 (maybe earlier versions are working, too)

After having installed the plugin, just select at least two media files
and press F2 or select "Rename" from the context menu. You'll get a
bulk renaming dialog in which you can select the "ID3 and Vorbis
Tags" renamer (from the combo box on the lower left).

Benny, I didn't make the plugin resistent, as there seem to be no
problems unloading TagLib, as far as I can see.

There still may be memory leaks I have not yet detected, so feel free
to send a mail or file a bug report on BerliOS.

Thanks - and have fun,
Jannis