[Thunar-dev] unable to select anything after changing folder in viewtype "detailed list"

Bjoern Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:52:33 CET 2006

On 3/21/06, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> > another thing is the default program to open files with. it can be
> > changed by using r-click context menu -> open with other application
> > -> check "use as default..." but setting the application in the file
> > properties doesn't work. this does only happen in "detailed list"
> > aswell. it works fine in "icons" viewtype.
>
> I can't seem to reproduce that. Also the mime application handling has
> nothing to do with the view, so it's unlikely that it's a detail/icon
> view specific problem. Can you try to explain the problem in more
> detail? I.e. does it work using the chooser button and fail at the
> chooser dialog? Or doesn't it work already with the chooser button?

for example take a jpeg image.
thunar has 2 programs for opening jpeg here: gqview and gimp. default
is gimp. when i open the file properties (r-click -> properties) and
change the selected item in the combobox "open with" from gimp to
gqview, and viewtype was set to icons, the default action is now
gqview (context menu shows gqview first too, as expected).

now change viewtype to detailed and try the same thing again (change
default action in properties). the combobox shows the selected program
(for example you switched back from gqview to gimp), so it shows gimp.
even if you reopen the properties, gimp is selected. but in the
context menu the default action is still set to gqview and if you open
the file, gqview is used.

i know this shouldn't have anything to do with the viewtype, but it does here.
libexo is 20498 here.

björn