[Thunar-dev] unable to select anything after changing folder in viewtype "detailed list"

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Mar 21 14:35:14 CET 2006

Bjoern Martensen wrote:
> when i change a folder in thunar by using the right pane (double
> clicking on a folder) and have viewtype set to detailed list, i can't
> select anything anymore. it works with "view as icons" and if you
> change the viewtype, you can select again. if you use the left pane
> (shortcuts or tree), this doesn't happen.

Should be fixed now (lastest libexo).

> another thing is the default program to open files with. it can be
> changed by using r-click context menu -> open with other application
> -> check "use as default..." but setting the application in the file
> properties doesn't work. this does only happen in "detailed list"
> aswell. it works fine in "icons" viewtype.

I can't seem to reproduce that. Also the mime application handling has
nothing to do with the view, so it's unlikely that it's a detail/icon
view specific problem. Can you try to explain the problem in more
detail? I.e. does it work using the chooser button and fail at the
chooser dialog? Or doesn't it work already with the chooser button?