[Thunar-dev] automount

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 15 19:41:58 CET 2006

Jani Monoses wrote:
>>>well with explicit mounting yes it works. As I said, only lack of
>>>automount makes it confusing if you just unstick/stick the device back.
>>
>>Ah, got it. That's your chance to start working on the automount stuff
>>then. ;-)
>
> Something like the pre-unmount hook you added needs to be done on
> "volumes-removed" signal as well so removal of a device put usur in
> homedir.

When volumes removed occurs, the volume was already unmounted, so no
file manager window can display the contents of the volume anyway.

> Btw why added and removed work on list of volumes, could they not be
> called once for each volume added?

Better save than sorry... right now all backends add volumes one by one,
but that may change in the future.

> As for the daemon VM: isn't thunar always running a single instance
> always thanks to dbus.

Only if compiled with D-BUS and the D-BUS daemon is running. Otherwise,
there can any number of instances.