[Thunar-dev] automount

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:49:33 CET 2006

> The reason to not auto-mount in Thunar is simply that you can have any
> number of Thunar instances running at the same time, and all of them
> would try to mount the media. That's why auto-mounting in Thunar should
> be done as a daemon (linked to thunar-vfs), which simply mounts the new
> volumes reported by the ThunarVfsVolumeManager. If anybody wants to
> start work on this, feel free to do so.

so if such a daemon ran automount would be done? Is this not a UI policy
decision but due to the multiple instances issue?

> Concerning the refresh problem: Looks like Thunar is not built with
> Gamin support or Gamin is not running.

gamin works ok in other dirs. This problem only appears under /media/dir
but given that remove/insert media makes it unmounted again that dir
does not even exist anymore so there's nothing to show.
That's why I said it was confusing :) .All files there, remove stick,
put it back without changing the location in thunar and they do not show up.

Jani