[Thunar-dev] Inconsistent 'Open with' behaviour

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Fri Mar 10 14:33:52 CET 2006

Hello,

if I choose context menu -> open with -> (predefined application),
Thunar only opens that current file with this application and leaves
the default unchanged. However, when I choose 'Other application' in
the same context menu, it changes the global default.

I think this behaviour is confusing. I would like to let the global
default untouched. If the global default should be changed, the
"Properties" dialog can be used.

Regards,
  Bernhard
--
Schwerer als Luft? Flugmaschinen sind unmöglich.
	-- Lord Kelvin, Präsident der Royal Society (1895)