[Thunar-dev] thunar-archive-plugin

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 1 19:39:30 CET 2006

Some time ago, I wrote a simple plugin for Thunar to integrate
file-roller (or another archive manager) into Thunar and planned to
include it with Thunar by default (like thunar-uca). But I don't think
this needs to be in Thunar, so I separated it, see the attached file.

It's similar to the file-roller nautilus plugin, with a few differences.

Now there are two ways:

(a) Import it as goodie into the xfce-goodies repository and maintain it
as separate package (probably adding support for KDE archiver and/or
xarchive).

(b) Get in contact with the current file-roller maintainer and import it
into file-roller (it's easy, just the three source files, and you're done).

Personally, I don't really care. For me, it's fine as it is now, and I'd
have no problem if it would be integrated into file-roller (and thereby
depend on file-roller).

But I know that for example Xubuntu does not plan to include file-roller
by default, so Xubuntu users wouldn't benefit from this. And there are
probably quite a lot of users around that don't use GNOME (file-roller
depends on too many parts of GNOME unfortunately).

So my question: Is anybody interested to maintain this plugin as part of
xfce-goodies and probably extend it with support for other archive
managers and/or add some other nifty features? The plugin is really
simple. It'd also need an icon then, as it's currently using the
file-roller icon.

greets,