[Thunar-dev] Good Work!

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 1 12:31:08 CET 2006

Biju Chacko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thunar has become really good. Handling removable media was one thing
> that I was missing -- and that works perfectly well now. I guess the
> only major bit that I'm missing is a TreeView -- though I admit I've
> been getting along perfectly well without it. :-)

I'm working on it. Dunno when it will be ready. Maybe for beta1.

> I especially like the startup time -- or rather the lack thereof. :-)
> All in all, excellent work. It's become a serious alternative to bash
> for me. Thanks a bunch.

You're welcome! :-)

> PS: Might be a good idea to have an emblem to show whether removeable
> media is mounted or not.

There's no such icon or emblem in the icon spec or the GNOME icon theme.
I think KDE had this some time ago. I'd say the user shouldn't care
whether a volume is mounted or not in most cases. The only case where
this is important is when removing an USB-stick/media player. I was
thinking about displaying an icon in the systray similar to the way it
is done in windows...