[Thunar-dev] Recent document support

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Jun 28 20:10:40 CEST 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:05:09 -0400, Aaron Fineman wrote:
> On 6/28/06, Stephan Arts <psybsd at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wanted to submit a feature request for this, but i do not know if
> > this is a thunar-, thunar-plugin-, libexo-feature or none/all of the
> > above.
> >
> > I would like to see an interface to find out which documents have
> > been opened recently.
> >
> > I have found a gnome-discussion about this:
> >
> > http://live.gnome.org/RecentFilesAndBookmarks
> >
> > and there is a freedesktop-spec for it:
> > http://standards.freedesktop.org/recent-file-spec/recent-file-spec-latest.html
> >
> > Is it something to put on the roadmap for Thunar?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Stephan

> i would say thats more a xfce, xfdesktop menu type thing that anyone
> can access, but just my 2.53 cents...

Yes, this is something which could be used a) in the menu and b) in a
documents:// special URI handled by a Thunar plugin (in the future).

Concerning the menu, some already might know that I plan to implement
the XDG menu spec properly after 4.4. This also includes a panel plugin
as an alternative (or replacement?) for the current Xfce menu. This
menu widget might include recently opened Documents, recently started
Apps and even a "Run..."-like command input field.

Regards,
Jannis