[Thunar-dev] future thunar plans?

Stefan Stuhr thunardevlist at sstuhr.dk
Tue Jun 13 23:30:55 CEST 2006

tir, 13 06 2006 kl. 23:05 +0200, skrev Benedikt Meurer:
> [...] Furtheron, the memory overhead is noticable (5MB
> unshared data for xfdesktop is not that bad, but that's atleast 4MB that
> could be saved if Thunar manages the desktop itself, 1MB will probably
> be required for the XDG menu integration).
>
> Afterall, you'll need to take into account that the desktop icon support
> in xfdesktop is a temporary solution, because we agreed that it was not
> possible to add that for Thunar 1.0.

Will the desktop icon support in Thunar support the same things that Xfdesktop SVN currently supports?
      * No icons; not able to get focus; still managing and drawing
        desktop; mode?
      * Icons for minimized windows mode?
      * All the same background drawing preferences (gradient, image
        style, image list, image brightness)?
      * You mention XDG menu integration. Does that mean that the Thunar
        desktop will have an XDG right click menu?

You don't have to answer all of the question (really, you don't have to
answer any of them at all if you don't want to - it's your choice); you
may not have decided every detail yet, after all.

Also something to consider, if xfdesktop should get deprecated in future
versions of Xfce, is what to do with the menu panel plugin.

> greets,
> Benedikt

Stefan