[Thunar-dev] Recent document support

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jul 30 18:45:36 CEST 2006

Stephan Arts wrote:
> I wanted to submit a feature request for this, but i do not know if
> this is a thunar-, thunar-plugin-, libexo-feature or none/all of the
> above.
>
> I would like to see an interface to find out which documents have been
> opened recently.
>
> I have found a gnome-discussion about this:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/RecentFilesAndBookmarks
>
> and there is a freedesktop-spec for it:
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/recent-file-spec/recent-file-spec-latest.html
>
> Is it something to put on the roadmap for Thunar?

Well, I've cooked a patch to add support to display Recent Files in
Thunar (using the 'recently-used:'-URI). Dunno if its something that
should be kept. It's based on the current standard, but can be updated
to use XBEL later.

> regards,
> Stephan

Benedikt

PS: I've also an 5-month old patch to add leaftag support, which I could
update to the latest Thunar version with some effort, if there's
interest (would add a 'tag:' filesystem with the list of current tags,
and a list of files for each tag). The idea was to replace the
emblem-mechanism with tags (tags have an associated image). In general I
think this would be very useful, but unfortunately leaftag doesn't scale
very well (as mentioned before) and it seems that leaftag is mostly dead
(nearly no SVN activity).