[Thunar-dev] Bin files

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 18:07:45 CEST 2006

I don't know if thats Thunar specific or mime-types specific, but Thunar
can't recognize shell scripts with extension .bin (xfce4.4 beta installer is
a good example), but recognizes correctly with others extensions like .run
or .sh. Is there any mime rules that says .bin files shouldn't have glob
parsing (maybe because CDROM images)? I'm complaining about this because
since it don't see those .bin files as scripts I can't set execute
permissions on then, nor execute them from Thunar.
BTW Thunar says it's unknown type (on properties) for every .bin file.

-- Cheers,
      Rodrigo