[Thunar-dev] Experimental Thunar Trash tarball

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jul 27 23:32:29 CEST 2006

Nick Schermer wrote:
> There are some icon update problems when the tree view side pane is used:
> - dnd to trash in tree: icon is not updated, including the panel icon.
> - delete file to trash: same as above.
> - empty trash in tree (right click): same as above.
> - empty trash from panel when Thunar is in tree pane mode: same as above.
>
> Everything seems to work fine when I'm using the shortcuts side pane, so
> maybe
> there is something wrong with signals and the tree view side pane.

Hm, dunno, have to check. Please file a bugreport.

> Problem when Thunar is not running:
> - put something in the trash
> - Run: thunar -q
> - delete trash from panel plugin
> - Problem 1: Panel icon not updated
> - Run: thunar (new window is opened)
> - Problem 2: Trash full icon is display in the shortcuts view while
> the trash is empty
> - Create empty file (right click > new doc > ...)
> - Delete the file
> - Problem 3: The empty-trash icon (!!) is now displayed for a couple of
> seconds.
> - Lucked enough the good icon is now displayed in the shortcuts pane

That's because we poll the files/ directories only if their mtime
changed. But since the mtime is given in seconds (some systems support
more precise times, but that's not portable) there's a race here. But
that should be easy to fix. Please file a bug report.

> Other small problem: the panel plugin resizes the panel, probably because
> gtk used some convenience function to prevent blurred icons. I've attached
> a patch to work around this problem (bit hacky tho).

That was my initial idea too, but that breaks with my top panel
(probably because some plugins are set to expand then) and only a
crippled trash icon is displayed. Maybe Jasper can sched some light on this.

> Everything else seems to work without any problems, good job Benny!
> Greets,
> Nick

Benedikt

PS: Please start a new thread, as this one is getting rather large.