[Thunar-dev] user interface ideas

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 00:22:30 CEST 2006

Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:57:42 +0100 - Erlend Davidson
<E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote :

> I really like that idea - right-clicking on the pathbar and click
> "Copy directory location to clipboard".  Even better (and I don't
> know if this is possible) if the menuitems that custom actions add to
> the standard right-click menu would also appear when you right-click
> menus on the path bar (which taking "Open terminal here" as an
> example does make sense) then "copy directory location to clipboard"
> could be implemented as an custom action.

  Well, type Ctrl-L, next Ctrl-C and you will have the location in your
clipboard, whatever pathbar mode is in use or even if no pathbar is
used.  The mouse gesture (middle click on blank space in the icon view
and move around to see the possibilities) is doing a really nice job
when no pathbar is set.

  As said in my first answer in this thread, have a look at
http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/ for the Tips & Tricks[1], they are really
interesting and of good help.
[1] http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/tips_and_tricks

Mike