[Thunar-dev] Configure Custom Actions

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Sun Jan 29 19:37:23 CET 2006

Tim Alexander schrieb:
> On 1/27/06, Jannis Pohlmann <info at sten-net.de> wrote:
>
>>Tim Alexander schrieb:
>>
>>>As I said earlier, take a look at emelfm. It's INCREDIBLY light wieght,
>>
>>and
>>
>>>it has an embedded shell...
>>
>>>From the screenshots I assume the feature emelfm provides is to provide
>>an interface to XTERM. This means, you can run commands which are
>>executed in XTERM. The output of those commands is then displayed in a
>>seperate frame inside of emelfm.
>>
>>Maybe it's more than that, but to me it just looks like a command line
>>and an output frame.

Hmmm ... the more I think about this feature, the less do I think that
it's an important one. If we want to have a clean file manager, we
should drop this idea, I think. One thing file managers do is making
shell command obsolete, because you have a far comfortable user
interface to manage files. For the rest, an extermal terminal should do it.

Regards,
Jannis