[Thunar-dev] places panel plugin ideas

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 14:41:40 CET 2006

Hi

I am thinking about the best way of implementing a 'Places menu'-like
functionality for the new panel using thunar, as it is found in gnome.

It should resemble the desktop menu plugin instead of a launcher but
have filesystem paths as items, much like what is now in thunars left
pane. On selecting one, thunar would open at that location, or if
already running just open a new window as I assume that thunar's small
startup time and footprint is still beaten by just telling a running
thunar to open a window.

Another interesting feature would be having a recent documents item
which would launch entries in ~/.recently-used using thunar-vfs, but I
am not sure if thunar-launcher bits are exported.

These would of course make the most sense after trash/network/desktop
view are implemented but even now can be a useful starting point for new
users exploring their filesystem.

thoughts?

Jani