[Thunar-dev] translations through rosetta

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 14:41:48 CET 2006

Yeah I wouldn't mind, but there surely are rosetta-like applications.

Eddyspeak (http://sourceforge.net/projects/eddyspeak) looks good, though it
doesn't have a homepage, there already are files available.

I didn't feel like browsing through all things, but there are plenty listed
here:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?forum_id=0&group_id=0&atid=0&words=po+AND+php&type_of_search=soft

On 1/29/06, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:

> >> How would this work in practice? Is rosetta available outside Ubuntu?
> >>

> > I wanted to try it myself but the rosetta policy is they only import po
> > files if upstream agrees, so I couldn't play around with thunar
> > translations and them come here with more details. If in principle
> > Daichi and other translators show interest the rosetta/launchpad people
> > are open to introducing the team to the process or answer questions
> > which may arise. What needs to be done for each interested translator
> > is creating a launchpad account and then getting accepted in the
> > specific locale's translation team which manages the rest of software
> > for that language in rosetta.
> >
> > At this point rosetta is not free software and is only available on
> > canonical's launchpad.net and primarily used for ubuntu. The FAQ has
> > more details on why this should not cause _too_ much worry.
> >

> No worry perhaps, but I also don't think this is an acceptable situation
> from the Xfce point of view. I personally would not want to depend on
> closed source resources outside our control.
>
>         Jasper

Vincent