[Thunar-dev] Create File

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 16:31:32 CET 2006

I tried to do this using the custom command 'touch' but it didn't work, but
anyway, the Nautilus thing isn't an extension, really, what Nautilus does is
just copy the file type you selected (e.g. "Empty File") from the
~/Templates folder. That wouldn't be too difficult to implement for Thunar
either I think.

On 1/26/06, Tim Alexander <dragonfyre13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I'm not doing this right again, but I don't think that
> making files from the right click menu is allowed yet.
>
> Is there any plan to impliment this soon? It is getting incredibly
> ANNOYING having to open the terminal to create a file, then use thunar
> to navigate to it.
>
> It really only needs to be like nautilus' default for now, just create
> a totally blank file. I know nautilus supports extensions that allow
> you to make a bunch of different kinds, but that is the most useful,
> honestly. Plus, it's a lot easier to code.

Vincent